12.05.2011

You Are Fine With Me

For those of you who follow my blog, I apologize for the lack of posts lately. My husband and I just returned from a little trip, well, guess you could say, BIG trip from Colorado. I spent many days getting ready for my parents to come watch our boys. Then the actual days we were gone... phew! I'm tired and ready to be a stay-at-home mama again... oh, and blogger!

Awhile ago, I blogged about a fear of mine. Well, I faced that fear this week... the dreaded airplane. {{don't laugh}} All of our flights were fine... and if you're wondering, I did... "ok" (notice, I didn't say, "great" or "awesome"). I struggled, I admit. It's just a fear that the Lord and I will have to work through. Read this quote recently and boy, did it hit home with me...

"Anxiety believes the lie that there is no more grace left in your situation." - Lacrae

My fear is coupled with much anxiety. Anxiety over the unknown. Anxiety over being out of control of my situation. Anxiety over a TON of "what if's...".

But obviously I am here now. Any anxiety and fear I once had is now gone.

So just wanted to leave you with a short quote which is really hitting me tonight. But first let me give a quick intro to it. I am reading The Help. This particular chapter is narrated from a well-to-do girl, Skeeter, who becomes quite close to their hired help taken place in the 60's in the South. Skeeter is constantly hammered with reprimands from her ostentatious mother. Her hair is too frizzy. She needs to find a husband. She's too tall and lanky and so on. But when she finds true friendship and love with the family "help", Constantine, her outlook on life changes...

Skeeter describes Constantine as.. "someone whose eyes simply said, without words,

You
Are
Fine
With Me."

How can I not think of God and how he sees me when I read this quote? Regardless of how I mess up. How little faith I have some days. The words, "You are fine with me" should be what echoes back in my heart. The world will hate me (Jn 15:18) and see me for my mistakes and shortcomings, but God loves me just how I am.

Are you feeling hammered down by the world? Are you tired of trying to prove yourself time and time again? Well, I can tell you that there is great peace in knowing God.

So go in peace tonight. And remember, you are just fine with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment