12.14.2011

My Favorite Things ... Part 2

If you didn't catch Part 1, go here.

It's really unbelievable that Christmas is only 10 days away. If you are trying to finish your last bits of shopping, I hope this list can help. If you're done, congrats, but you still can check these things out for future gifts or treats for yourself... either way, enjoy!

Books/Magazines/DVD:

The Help - I love this book so much so, this is my second time blogging about it. As one description says, it is "... full of heart and history". Available at discounted prices on Amazon, Target and Wal-Mart. Price $10 (paperback).




Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine - "Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine is every busy home cook's go-to-guide for great food; good fun; and inspiring ways to relax, laugh and enjoy life. Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine features 30-minute meals and menu planners, Rach's faves for fun, beauty, style, entertaining tips and much more." Price $12 for 1-year subscription.


Horton Hears a Who - On Thanksgiving night this movie was on I seriously can't get this heart-warming movie out of my head... "a person's a person no matter how small". I love Horton. For me, Dr. Seuss outdid himself with this one. Please buy someone or yourself this movie or book.
Price $7-10.


Soul Surfer - This true-life story is yet another movie that everyone should experience. It's a story of courage, extreme determination and faith. Rated PG but I would say it's mostly appropriate for ages 7 and up due to the graphic shark attack scene. Price $10.




Sidenote
.... My husband's two-cent's on book recommendations...
The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga, (ironically) The Tiger's Wife by
Téa Obreht and lastly, The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins.

Kids/Toys & Games:


Fruitomin
oes - A fresh twist on a classic game... connect fruit instead of dots. This game is great for any age. It's a great way to get little ones to make color associations, teach counting and cause and effect. Price $13.




Paul Frank - What is it about this monkey? From bedding to key chains to sock and pajamas, the products from this stylish primate have made their way from the west coast largely in part to Target. I am especially in love with this toddler puffer vest. Prices vary.




Sku
ut Balance Bike - "The Skuut is a wooden bike for children ages 2 - 5. It has no pedals and no training wheels. Children kick off the ground as if running, thus pushing or "skuut-ing" themselves and the bike forward. The Skuut is perfect for learning balance, steering, coordination and independence." Price around $70.



The Game of Things - It doesn't matter if you're a kid or adult... this game is simply hilarious. Similar to Balderdash in that it is a bluffing game and you make up your own answer then try to guess who said what. Price $31.




Gifts for Women
: (my favorite!)


Bead For Life jewelry - This company sells items made from impoverished women living in Uganda. These hardworking women make beautiful handcrafted paper beads from recycled paper and turn them into necklaces, bracelets and earrings. What a beautiful gift for any girl. Prices $5 and up.




Gratitude Journal - Life is so much more bright when you choose to focus on the good things. This little journal will help you keep records of insightful prompts and inspiring quotes as you jot down all your blessings. Price $10.





Merona Kamischel Suede Boots - These are super stylish for a casual boot. A comfy cushioned insole give these boots even a higher score in my book. They can be worn with jeans or dressed up with a skirt.
Price $45.





H&M Messenger Handbag - I am into practicality and being a mom to four boys, I need a purse that can handle all my things plus a diaper or two. This bag is made of imitation leather, but with all the kids and mess I have most days that's probably better. Anyway, it's fun and cute and CHEAP! Price $25.




Satin Wonders Pillowcase - Cotton pillowcases (and terrycloth when drying your hair) actually grip and damage the hair causing it to break. Terrycloth tends to make the hair frizzier. So satin is the answer... for sleeping on and also to use for drying your hair after a shower. Genius! Prices start at $20.



Gifts are great and I love giving them, but in closing this two part post, I hope you truly know that Christ is the best gift ever! This year has been one of many ups and downs for my family and I really can't picture my life without Christ being my Savior and friend through everything. I pray you experience Him this Christmas and in every
day of your life.

Merry, Merry Christmas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment