7.23.2012

How to Soft Cook an Egg

Since going gluten-free, one's mind has to venture out and try new things. I have always loved eggs... mostly scrambled or fried in coconut oil. I do enjoy a hard-boiled egg and around Easter, deviled. But I had not tried soft-cooked until vacation. It was perfect and did not disappoint.


So venture out and try one too.

what you'll need...

1-4 eggs, preferably, range-free & farm fresh
small saucepan filled 3/4 full of water
large spoon

instructions...

1. Set water-filled saucepan on stove and bring to a rapid boil.

2. With large spoon, lower egg(s) into boiling water.

3. Lightly toss/pour boiling water over egg for 1 minute.

4. Turn heat off and set saucepan on different burner. Place tight fitting lid on pan.

5. Let sit for 6 minutes.

6. Drain hot water and rinse with cold water for about a minute.

7. To eat, use a knife or egg-cutter to take the cap off the tip of the egg and eat it straight from the shell, preferably with plenty of toast for dipping. All soft-cooked eggs should be eaten immediately.

what's your favorite way to eat eggs?

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! That looks yummy. I love eggs just about any way, but my usual is fried over easy in fresh butter :) I have yet to have a soft-boiled egg, but it's now on my "to-make" list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fried eggs too! Make sure you have some toast to sop it up :)

      Delete