7.10.2012

WB Meal Plan: Gluten-Free & You'll Love It!


Being married to a web and magazine editor, I get blog advice/wisdom frequently (because I ask for it). He has done very well with his website and so I know his advice is valid. His # 1 bit of advice regarding Wholesome Bits is to blog at least 3-5 times a week. Well, if you look back at the last post that definitely has not happened!

I guess I can say that life, children, home duties and family come way before this blog. I do intend to get back on my blogging feet now that vacation and other big summer events are over. So as I wrote out my meal plan {what's that?} for this week, I thought I'd pull out the laptop and share some gluten-free meals with you!

Tuesday... {it's summer... I'm a little behind!}
Gluten-Free crepes with fresh berries

Wednesday... 
Cajun chicken stuffed with spinach & pepperjack cheese
{I will substitute the breadcrumbs with crushed puffed brown rice cereal}
garden salad
watermelon

Thursday...
tortilla chips
pineapple

Friday...

Saturday...
cantaloupe

Sunday...
{I will use brown rice spaghetti from Trader Joe's instead of a wheat-based spaghetti}
steamed broccoli
fresh mango

You will notice I went ahead with the plan until Sunday. Our family has been on the go most of the summer and now that we are home... we are home! No eating out. If you plan it out, buy your needed ingredients, you will most likely follow through. So there you have it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenna -
    I'm a new reader and am enjoying your blog. I too am eating gluten-free right now, so I love your meal ideas. Thanks and keep up the great work!
    -Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Sheryl! I will be doing more gluten-free ideas soon. I am so excited and feeling so much better now that I am GF. I hope you are too! Good to connect with you :)

    ReplyDelete