1.01.2012

2012: I Resolve To...

A new year is here. I love new beginnings... maybe because I like to {sometimes} forget what is behind. 2011 was a tough year. Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of blessings along the way, but it was a year of growing, molding... a lot of molding.

So here it is, 2012! A new year to learn, risk and challenge myself. Besides wanting to be a good mama and wife, eat healthier and exercise more... here are some thoughts into what I resolve to do in 2012.

1. Risk more. I want to look back on this year and say I risked more spiritually. I hope to be kinder when I could have lost it. I want to reach out to people when they could have easily been ignored. I don't want to pass up opportunities of loving others... maybe to the point of looking ridiculous.


2. Worry Less. I just heard a quote I know God intended for me to hear.

"The more I obsess of what people think of me, the quicker I forget of what God thinks of me."

I have lived my life in a maze - with many dead ends - of pleasing people to the point at times of neglecting my first love, Christ. This year will be one that focuses more on living life in complete worship to Christ and less searching for fulfillment in the crazy race of man's approval.


3. Get wise. I want to know my limits, but at the same time still risk things for God. For me, risking and pleasing might go hand-in-hand. Like James, this year I am asking God for wisdom to know where to put my energies, but then to know when to reserve them. Know when to risk, but have the knowledge to know when to sit and cheer from the sidelines. When to live crazy for Him, but also to know when to chill.



I hope your 2012 has many great days even through the growing and molding ones. I pray your journey brings about more faith and wisdom too.

What are you resolving to do... or not do.. in 2012?

Happy 2012 to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment