7.18.2011

WB Meal Plan - #1 Momma Picks

Its been a little while since I've posted a meal plan. Sometimes as a blogger you can easily judge a post by the comments received or not. But I have found just because you receive little comments on a particular post doesn't always parallel the reader's interest. So for now, I will bring back the weekly meal plan. I personally like doing them for my own accountability and organization of the week's meals.

Confession... I arranged meals this week strictly from a selfish standpoint... they are all my favorite meals ~ #1 Momma picks! Hope you like too.

Monday: {Picnic}

BBQ Chicken {skinless} Thighs ~ with homemade bbq recipe

Capellini Caprese ~ using whole wheat spaghetti and omitting mozzarella and replacing with 2/3 cup of Parmesan cheese.

Roasted Chickpeas

Iced Tea with orange slices

Tuesday: {Low Fat}

Individual Tex-Mex Turkey Meatloaves ~ using panko instead of white bread and no sour cream either. Will shape into 8 miniature loaves on a greased pan ~ 350 oven for 45 minutes.

Roasted Mini Yukon Potatoes ~ olive oil, sea salt, pepper and dill. Boil in water until semi-soft. Bake in oven (350) until golden and tender.

Spring Salad ~ young spring organic mix, cucumbers, shredded carrots, tomatoes with citrus vinaigrette.

Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls

Wednesday: {Fish}

Salmon Cakes (I am officially not saying "patties" anymore! These tasty cakes deserve such a more prestigious identification.) I must say, I heart, heart this recipe. I have made salmon "cakes" for years now and this is truly the best.

Brown rice & green beans ~ compliments of Trader Joe's

Thursday: {Meatless}

Lentil Tacos ~ These are quite amazing. My husband raves about these and he is not a bean lover.

Fruit salad

Friday: {Gluten-Free}

Thai Shrimp Lettuce Wraps

Alabama Peach & Blackberry Cobbler

No comments:

Post a Comment