5.09.2011

WB Meal Plan - The Best of Clean Eating

I just picked up a book at the library called, "The Best of Clean Eating". I can honestly say it has recipes that I am not afraid of and actually want to try them all! I am sure I will be ordering this book for my own collection very soon.

So this week, I am going to take all my meals from the book (not all the sides are). Some of the ingredients I already had in my pantry/freezer that I need to use up and the other meals I picked where chosen because I saw some of the items I needed were on sale this week at the store.

On a side note... over the last three months I have eaten "mostly" clean (except for an occasional treat) and without doing anything extra, I have lost 7 lbs. So eating clean definitely helps your metabolism and is just a better way to eat.

Monday:

Shepherd's Pie ~ using yukon gold potatoes, lean ground turkey and veggies.

Baked Apples

Multigrain baguette


Tuesday:

Baja Fish Tacos ~ tilapia, avocado, cabbage and greek yogurt

Healthy Mexican Rice ~ will be using brown rice instead of long grain white.

Chocolate-Spiked Oatmeal Cookies

Turbinado Lime Cooler


Wednesday:

Turkey Panini ~ with deli turkey, part skim mozzarella and arugula

Sweet Potato Fries

Salted English Cucumbers


Thursday:

Asparagus Primavera ~ with couscous, carrots, baby corn and white Northern beans.

Whole Wheat rolls

Easy Egg Custard


Friday:

Spinach & Chicken Sausage Pizza

Spring Salad

Black Bean Fudge Cakes

If you're interested in any of those recipes, I'd be glad to send you the recipe. Just leave a comment and I will email it to you.

1 comment:

  1. You might want to check out the book 'Vegetable dishes I can't live without' by Mollie Katzen. We bought the book initially because we loved the cabbage & leeks recipe, and have not been disappointed. BTW, we didn't like cabbage or leeks before that, it was simply that good!

    ReplyDelete