3.28.2011

WB Meal Plan - Super Charged

I think the meal plan for last week was (in my opinion) great. I mentioned how last Saturday we ate really bad and that evening my heart was racing and felt very heavy... it was a terrible feeling. Its amazing how quickly our bodies react to the garbage we put in it. Now after a week of going vegetarian (minus the turkey sausage), I really can't get over how great I feel. My skin looks good, no racing/heavy heart, good energy and overall, I feel great. I'm not perfect... but I am motivated especially when I don't feel well.

I think living in America we tend to reward ourselves for getting through another week, finishing a big project or successfully making it through the day with our little ones still happy and breathing. That reward is usually centered around some type of food or meal and for us, sometimes those food choices are extremely unhealthy*. I am all for rewards, but if they aren't super healthy ones, then hopefully they are balanced in between a generally healthy lifestyle. For me, its all about balance.

So this week's meal plan seems to be (unknowingly) focused on some powerful ingredients that will charge you and your family up for health. Full of flavor too, I promise. After doing a little research here are just some of the higher nutrients found in this week's meals... fiber, iron, carotene, manganese, antioxidants, amino acids, omega-3's, vitamin D, choline and more. Some things will be new for my family like the quinoa and the beet salad.

Monday

Black Bean soup ~ changes: using canned instead of dried beans and taking out the bacon (sorry) and the jalapenos (for the baby).

Sourdough Bread

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Tuesday

Wild Salmon** (baked with lemon, EVOO, salt and pepper) ~ from Trader Joe's

Sugar Snap Peas

Dorothy Lane Market Southwest Quinoa

Wednesday

Vegetable Frittata

Rosemary Hash Browns

Peaches

Thursday

BBQ Chicken Pizza ~ your favorite BBQ sauce, gouda or mozzarella cheese, fresh cilantro and red onion. (with whole wheat crust!)

Banana & almond butter smoothies

Friday:

We have plans so I don't have to cook for two days... hmm, maybe I'll reward myself :)

* Next time you want to look up the calorie content for something you're about to eat or just ate, check out www.myfitnesspal.com ~ sometimes you'll think twice before grabbing that second donut.

** Wild salmon is much better for you than "farmed" salmon... it is worth the extra money you will spend (although it is in not much when compared). Here is an excerpt from Natural News about the two kinds...

Farm-raised salmon are littered with these poisonous PCB's because the fish oils and other feed farmers are giving to their salmon for sustenance is contaminated. The salmon then absorb these chemicals when they eat, which is transferred to you when you get them at your local fish market. Wild salmon doesn't have this problem because, as the term "wild" indicates, they get their sustenance from a variety of sources in the ocean, many of which aren't nearly as contaminated.
All recipes not linked are available, just message me.

No comments:

Post a Comment