1.23.2013

Only the BEST Chicken Salad...

When it comes to eating chicken salads, I tend to be quite picky. I'm a chicken-salad snob, you could say. I rarely ever eat it out because it just doesn't measure up... I know, I'm a snob. 


There are several things that make the perfect chicken salad for me and they are...

First, it has to be chunky. No shredded chicken for me! I love chewing into each bite of chicken and the chunkier, the better! Next, it can't be too wet with mayo. I don't want a soupy chicken salad on my hands... literally! Just enough to bring all the ingredients together is perfect-o! 

Last, but certainly not least... in a word: curry. It must have curry in it. Not the spicy green kind, but the sweet and mild yellow kind. My dear friend went to Uganda several years ago and had some meals prepared with a certain curry she loved. Time went by and she thought about how good that curry was and wished she could find what kind it was. {You could find us sitting in her kitchen talking for awhile about finding that curry, matter of fact.} Luckily for her AND me, she knew someone going back to Uganda and sure enough, they found the curry and brought her back some... pictured below. I now have a nice stash of it in my pantry and is by far my favorite spice on earth. 


 So without further adieu, my favorite chicken salad in the world... Curried Chicken Salad.
 
{ingredients}
2 cups of cooked, roughly chopped chicken (breast, preferably)
2 stalks of celery (use fresh celery, by the way), sliced
3/4 cup Craisins
1/4 cup all natural, chopped walnuts
3 heaping tablespoons of mayo with olive oil
2 teaspoons of yellow curry powder
2 tablespoons of sweet pickle juice (no pickles, just the juice!)

{directions}
Stir all together and serve on toast or over mixed greens. 

What does your chicken salad have to have in it??


5 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds amazing! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Thank you for sharing with us at Healthy 2Day Wednesday. Hope to see you again next week. Check back to see if you were featured!
    Blessings, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delightful! I am a little chicken salad snob too and this one sounds like one I would really like. Currently, I make mine with grapes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love grapes with mine too, Bobbie... great minds!! :)

      Delete