4.20.2012

Butter Cafe

Do you ever have one of those days that you are just super busy doing your normal thing and you are intent on checking things off your "to-do" list? That was me today. Nothing major, just normal "mom" stuff. 

One of those "to-do's" became an "ahhh" for me.

 LUNCH WITH A FRIEND.

Yes, there was business to be done, but just the time to stop. SIT DOWN. And be me. 

Makes me very thankful!

So today while meeting with my friend, I was thrilled to finally visit a newer, quaint restaurant right in the heart of a trendy, urban spot adjacent to a large, private university. This eatery is adorable

First off, it had these beautiful lamps hanging from the ceiling.
Cute pink and chocolate striped walls... just adorable!

What I was MOST impressed with was the food. They offer organic butter and cheeses. Local, range-free eggs and meat and local, homegrown veggies. Gluten-free options are also available. I was in heaven!

I ordered a Greek salad with grilled chicken and organic feta drizzled with Greek goddess dressing. Let me tell you, organic feta MELTS in your mouth. Oh my.

Then I splurged and got a gluten-free cupcake. It was great, but the pretty pink frosting won me over. 

So if you live in the Dayton area, I totally recommend The Butter Cafe on Brown Street. Wholesome Bits gives it "two-thumbs up".


What is one of your favorite restaurants and what makes it good and wholesome??


No comments:

Post a Comment