6.05.2012

Herbs-from-my-garden Quiche

The latest news with Wholesome Bits is that I am now officially gluten-free. Why you ask? Well, it all comes down to... do I want to deal with some annoying issues for the rest of my life or "man up" with my motivation and enjoy life a bit more? I finally decided the later.


And boy am I glad! I have a little community on Instagram that I am loving and feeling so welcomed since I decided to go GF. We are posting pics and giving wisdom and safe places to eat. Ohhh, I love you guys!

So for you that follow my blog regularly I guess we might be taking a different route in our food/meal journey... I will most likely be posting more GF recipes, but remember you can adjust as needed unless of course, you want to join in. I will definitely be posting more about my decision to go GF at some point and let you in on THE number one reason why I did. 

So here is one of the first meals I made once I made my official decision. I just grabbed a bunch of herbs from my garden and threw them in and voila! Hope you enjoy...



Herbs-from-my-garden Quiche 

6-7 (farm fresh, of course) eggs (you can do all whole eggs or some just egg whites depending on your preference)
1 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
3/4 cup of milk or milk substitute
small handful of fresh herbs (rosemary, dill, basil, parsley), finely chopped
3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 365 degrees.

2. Coat a round quiche dish or pie pan (about 8 or 9" in diameter) with cooking spray... make sure to coat the sides as well.

3. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and milk together until incorporate well.

4. In a another bowl, toss together the spinach, herbs, cheese, and salt and pepper. Spoon into the bottom of the prepared dish.

5. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the herb mixture. Then I just like to pat everything down making sure the spinach and cheese are coated with the egg... just my little OCD thing :)

6. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until it is almost set in the middle. Let cool for about 7 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment