5.14.2012

And The Winner is... Plus a Meal Plan with an Ice Cream Recipe You HAVE to Try!!


So thankful for all of you who completed the survey (feel free to complete the survey if you haven't). My intent with Wholesome Bits is to make it what the readers want. So this is a huge help to me as I begin to put my energies into another year here.

So the winner is... Darleen L! Yay!! Congrats :) Can you just send me your address and I'll get the Target gift card to you soon!

Here are the healthy meals our family will eat this week! I have been in a slump with getting them together and trust me, it is not good when you don't plan. On to a better week!!! And as always, love your feedback on if you liked the meals or not.



Monday:
Turkey burgers ~ 2 lbs of lean ground turkey, 1 T chipotle flavored Tabasco, 1 small onion chopped, salt & pepper, 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (helps to stop the burgers from crumbling down into the grill) and 2 T of crumbled feta. Burgers on whole grain buns, lettuce, guacamole and salsa.
Corn on cob
Cucumbers

Tuesday:
Grilled Pizza with red onion, basil, mozzarella cheese, olive oil, garlic.
Fresh pineapple

Wednesday:
Curried chicken with sweet potatoes and cauliflower. From Eating Well found here.

Thursday:
Grilled teriyaki-glazed salmon from Everyday with Rachael Ray
Steamed broccoli
Brown rice.

Friday:
Chicken pad thai from the Flat Belly Diet Cookbook
Banana cocoa peanut butter ice cream... I would recommend freezing the banana for longer than an hour. But this recipe makes me want to go to Sam's and buy 50 pounds of bananas... amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment