3.05.2012

WB Meal Plan - Staying Home

Please excuse my absence on the meal planning posts. Maybe it's the winter blues that creep around on Mondays or my slight addiction to pinning recipes instead of posting? Who knows. But I do know this, when I don't plan my meals for the week, our healthy eating is not as consistent as when I do.

Over the last two weeks I ran to the grocery too many times due to my scattered-brained tendencies. So this week, I'm going to try and not go and pull from the ingredients I already have on hand... but if you
do happen to see me at the store, don't judge :)


Monday:
Whole Grain & flax seed waffles
Turkey bacon
Fruit salad (leftovers thrown into a bowl: strawberries, kiwi, red grapes and oranges ~ yum!)

Tuesday:
Alaskan salmon burgers on whole wheat buns (confession: store bought, but all natural)
Sweet potato fries
Sauteed asparagus

Wednesday:
Tandoori chicken
Brown rice
Tomato-Cucumber Raita ** taken from Eating Well's Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook.

Thursday:
Potato & corn chowder ** (thanks to my dear friend Stacy for treating me to this for lunch last week! It was sooo yummy!)
Whole wheat baguettes
Applesauce

Friday:
Barbecue chicken & spinach pizza on whole wheat crust (gotta scroll down a little on the blog) from Peas & Thank You (I am loving this cookbook!)
Double pumpkin bars


**
Today I'm including most of the recipes because I really think you should try them... and because I'm nice like that.

Tomato-Cucumber Raita

Combine 1 cup low-fat yogurt, 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber, 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato, 1/4 cup minced red onion, 2 T chopped fresh mint, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.


Potato & Corn Chowder (serves 6)

Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
4 stalks celery, sliced
1 can fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
1 large baking potato, peeled and cubed
10 oz. frozen corn
1 1/2 cup skim milk
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup of fat-free half and half

1. Saute the first 3 ingredients in EVOO on medium heat for 5 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth and potato and bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes.
3. Transfer 1 cup of soup to blender and blend until smooth and then pour back into the pot.
4. Add corn, milk and pepper and simmer lightly for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add half and half.

No comments:

Post a Comment